“Call To Action is an effective way to improve your business performance.”
When you just entered into the world of digital marketing, you’ve probably come across these three letters — CTA , but you have no idea what in the world CTA means. CTA is actually a vital part of your business marketing. According to Unbounce, 90% of visitors who read your headline will also read your CTA copy. Save your worry, this article that will let you know what CTA is; definition, purposes and common sample.
What is CTA?
CTA or call to action is the part of a marketing message that attempts to persuade a person to perform the desired action. CTAs don’t have to be demanding and can simply be a polite request. Many business owners still reluctant to use CTA, mostly because they are too sure that the customers don’t need any guide to act or they’re afraid it will come out as obnoxious. Whatever it is, neglecting the use of CTA can make your business suffered.
Call To Action Purposes
The main purpose of CTA is getting your target market to respond well through action. The CTA is usually located at the end (even though sometimes throughout) of sale pitch. It will serve as a signpost to let potential clients/customers know what to do next if they're interested in what you offer. Here is the breakdown of CTA purposes:
- Guide customers down the sales funnel. There could be multiple CTAs on a page when they are required to do multiple actions. Let’s think of it this way; your reader lands on a blog article. But you don’t put a clear CTA at the bottom of the post. Big chance your reader will leave the site without completing any other tasks. If only you put CTA there, it’s likely for them to read more article or even sign-up for your business email newsletter. This is definitely will increase their interaction with the site.
- Assist customer to propose a demanding request. This demanding request can be purchasing a product or providing personal and contact information. For example, your customer wants to order a bag. Your website might request the visitor to choose a style, design, color, or even a personalized engraving, by the help of CTA.
- Help you gain more new customers and keep the old ones. Your email list and your social media following can grow bigger in number when you put CTA for good use. So you’ll automatically gain new customers and keep the existing ones closer by providing a clear guide.
Common Example of CTA
Make sure you provide a simple yet solid CTA phrase and sentence. One useful technique to get people to take action immediately is to add a sense of urgency and the FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) These are the common example of CTA you can use:
- Offer expires on Christmas.
- Limited time offer.
- Act now before supplies run out.
- Respond before February 28 to enrol at this special price.
- The first 50 people will receive a free gift. Order now before all the gifts are gone!
- Sign-up by August 17 to take advantage of our 60-day free trial.
- Our prices are going up on January 1st. Get in today to take advantage of lower pricing.
- If you order within the next 15 days, receive an automatic upgrade to the premium package.
CTA Impact For Business Optimization Rate
CTA is a vital part of ensuring successful the conversion of your business optimization rate. So first of all, the conversion is the point at which a recipient of a marketing message performs the desired action, such as signing up for a newsletter, filling out and submitting a form, attending a webinar, clicking on an ad, signing up for a free trial, and completing a purchase. When you have a successful conversion means you have successful marketing as well. It can be measured by a “conversion rate”.
A conversion rate is a proportion of the total number of visitors to a website who perform a particular action as a result of your CTA. To determine it, divide the number of goals achieved by the total number of visitors to your website. The closer your result to a ratio of 1, the better. To achieve that, you need a technique called Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO). The purpose is to identify elements that impact conversion rates and perform tests to determine which variation leads to the best results. So now you can see how CTA can bring goodness to your business optimization rate.
Taking the extra time to consider the effects of different elements and put everything we discussed above into practice can pay off in the long run. It will take your time to think and come up with the great CTAs. The most important thing make sure you aim for the certain target. According to HubSpot, personalized CTAs convert 42% more visitors into leads than untargeted CTAs. Despite all of the careful moves you should make, CTA can determine how good is your marketing effort and leads to the successful business you want to have.
Rock Paper Scissors is the missing link between business and technical world. We translates business language into technical, and technical limitation into business constraints. We guide organization and individuals alike to create their own digital product and navigates all the complexity of product creation process. Find out more.