“Creating A Professional Online Business Persona Shows How Dedicated You Are In Building Your Business ”
Building a business that centers around social media need more attention compared to offline business. An online business profile is one of the keys that is required to be available in every social media. There are several elements you need to pay attention to that can improve your business profile online persona. People who want to engage with your business will most likely have access to connect or know you from social media and various digital marketing channel. These channels are the face of your business because they will least likely meet you in person. We’ve summed up some tips that you can do to improve your business profile online presence.
Set-up Business Images Profile
Putting the right image in your business profile is crucial because it’s the first thing your customer will see. Pay attention to the size of the image you choose, without the right size; you can have a blurry profile image. Use this information to help you:
- Facebook profile picture: 170 X 170 pixels
- Facebook cover photo: 828 X 465 pixels
- Twitter profile photo: 400 X 400 pixels
- Twitter header image: 1,500 X 500 pixels
- Google+ profile picture: 250 X 250 pixels (minimum)
- Google+ cover photo: 1080 X 608 pixels
- LinkedIn profile photo: 400 X 400 pixels (minimum)
- LinkedIn custom background: 1584 X 396
- LinkedIn cover photo: 974 X 330 pixels
- LinkedIn banner image: 646 X 220 pixels
- Instagram profile picture: 110 X 110 pixels
- Pinterest profile picture: 150 X 150 pixels
- YouTube profile picture: 800 X 800 pixels
- YouTube cover photo: 2,560 X 1,440 pixels on desktop
Note that Facebook recommends you to use PNG than JPG formats. For business profile picture, using your business icon or logo is entirely under your choice. Remember that being consistent is the key for building your digital presence.
Setup Business Profile Name
- Display Name: our Instagram name is visible only when someone visits your profile directly. The name appears in bold below the profile photo. You can use your actual name or business name as your name on Instagram. Or you may choose to use an abbreviation or a commonly recognized description of your business. Use the same display name across all of your digital marketing channel.
- User Name: Your username is the component of your Instagram URL that defines your account. It’s delineated with the @ symbol when referring to you as a user. The URL for your Instagram account is:
An Instagram username is limited to 30 characters and must contain only letters, numbers, periods, and underscores. You can’t include symbols or other punctuation marks as a part of your username.
Choose a username that represents your brand, is recognizable, and, if possible, distinguishes what you do. Your username might be your business name or an adapted version of your business name, such as @chanelofficial, instead of Coco Chanel. Or you might also include a word or two that describes your business industry or niche to define further who you are, such as @Yorkelee_prints.
In the above picture, we can see that Chanel use @chanelofficial for its user name and only Chanel for its display name.
Include your link to the website, blog or landing page on your profile. You can add a link on the “front page” of your profiles on all social media channel. Make sure that your link is front and centre so that people can find it quickly and click through to your website.
Note: While you’re in there updating your links—make sure they work, too.
Referring to the picture from Chanel, you can see that put a URL that you can click. Adding a URL on all social media channel can increase engagement between you and your customer through more detail information about your business on your website.
Short Profile And Contact Detail
Your primary social profile is usually just a sentence or two about your business. Think of it as a perfect place to put your elevator pitch and include keywords. Include contact detail on every social media, and maximize the tool that is provided in every social media. Instagram allows you to create a business account that has a shortcut on making a phone call, sending an email, or getting directions to your business in your front page.
When your business is using social media as a tool, the first thing you should pay attention to is to set up your business profile information correctly. Having a clean and neat business profile information will give you an excellent persona to any potential customer. Even though appearance might not be everything, but we all know that everything starts from the appearance.
Rock Paper Scissors is the missing link between business and technical world. We translates business language into technical, and technical limitation into business constraints. We guide organization and individuals alike to create their own digital product and navigates all the complexity of product creation process. Find out more.