“Task management tools are a massive help for the marketing effort.”
Creating and managing marketing content can be a pain in the bottom. However, having separate tools is not efficient since you have to switch between them back and forth. Task management tools are very helpful for doing multiple jobs. It can integrate the separated tools and ease your work in monitoring all the progress that your team is currently working. In this article, we’ll learn about task management tools.
What is A Task Management Tool?
Task management tools are application used to complete projects efficiently by organizing and prioritizing related tasks used by individuals, teams and organizations. There are many types of task management tools like basic spreadsheets or an online project management applications. The benefits in using task management tools lie in helping people to work efficiently and reduce waste, stay organized, ensure teams and individuals to be utilized in the correct ways and of course meeting important deadlines.
It’s important to select the right task management tool that fits your team’s needs. There are many tools to choose online. Each offers a variety of function from basic to complex software interface. These are 3 management tools that can be used as an option for you and your team:
Asana is one of the world’s largest task management tool software platforms for marketer teams and organizations. It allows you to manage all of your important initiatives and programs from start to finish in one place. Asana’s major features are content planning and management, campaigns, productions, launches, events, and more.
In terms of benefits, Asana offers a great user interface with improvements in the last three to five years, making it one of the most distinctive and beautiful interfaces around. Other than that, Asana is great for small teams around three to five users because of its simplicity. It’s easy to mark items as a top priority, especially if the others are at a normal priority level.
Another feature is a calendar view. Many Asana users really like the calendar view to see where each task and project stands and what’s on deck. This has been enhanced with their new timeline feature that shows how tasks and projects are interrelated, along with more help on making a project schedule.
Despite the benefits that Asana offers, there are some room for improvement to be done by this task management tool. It’s hard for the whole team to get on board. Users have to log into multiple project management systems to check on their work. It is not preferable at the enterprise level.
Another minus from Asana is hard to manage documents and commit. This is important when the team need reviews and feedbacks. Asana doesn’t integrate natively with cloud storage such as Dropbox or Google Drive. Users also getting the difficulty of using Asana for agile project management. This style is one of the fastest-growing project management today. Though it started primarily as a software development strategy, the uses of agile are taking off and being incorporated in other aspects too.
Trello is a free task management with a great extendability. You don’t need any expensive or complex software for simply organizing your content marketing. Trello is one of those standout tools that can do a lot for your business with just a little time. Trello is a simple task management tool that emphasized on visual-accessibility and collaboration between its users. Companies all over the world such as Buffer and Brit + Co use Trello and it has 1.1 million daily users. Trello will help you streamline your content marketing strategy. Everything will be all in one place, easy to find, and easier to manage.
These are benefits that you can get from using Trello as your task management tool:
- A natural human UI for the team to instantly see overall status with its Kanban list structure
- You can invite outside members to a board within the organization
- You can create closed boards with limited group of members within the organization
- You can create public boards that anyone can view
- Create multiple lists within each Kanban board and color label the stories
- Can implement checklists on stories/tasks
- Assign multiple members on a story/task
- It has an API where you can extend the system
- Provides high-quality native apps on iPhone and Android
Trello may be easy and free to use, but it also have some weaknesses, such as:
- Cards/tasks are limited to only one Board/Project
- Limited email integration
- Limited number of Labels
- No freeform Tags
- Difficult to work with multiple cards or tasks in the UI, like for moving, copy/paste and such.
- Keyboard shortcuts and keyboard productivity usage is limited
Jira Software is a favorite task management tools among web and software developers for its customizability and easy integration with other systems. Jira exists to be a platform meant for agile development teams of all shapes and sizes. Digital marketing agencies will find Jira Software most valuable for their development teams and should be used to complement existing tools already in place (like Trello, for example). It is designed to be able to grow and evolve alongside your business. Jira is suitable for small teams of 10 or under can use it at an annual cost of $100, but that can shoot up to as much as $1,050 for teams of 15.
Some benefits of using Jira as task management tools:
- Very easy to use and configurable.
- It provides all of the collaborative tools needed to manage your work and maintain documentation for future reference.
- It caters almost all enterprise users. Fully extensible through plugins (Allows deep integrations within different teams and helps boosting productivity)
- All those 3rd party integrations that are available. Jira can be combined with Slack, IFTT, Trello and more.
- Its cost incrementally increases when the number of users increased
- Could not be suitable for startups due to its cost.
- Jira gets slow when you have a high volume of projects, and sometimes it takes minutes to load.
The tools we discussed above are meant to help marketing teams to work together with ease. Therefore, you have to consult with your team to decide what tool your team will use. Think about the software that fits your current company direction and vision. Choosing the most fitting tool will maximize your team’s potential.
Rock Paper Scissors is the missing link between business and technical world. We translates business language into technical, and technical limitation into business constraints. We guide organization and individuals alike to create their own digital product and navigates all the complexity of product creation process. Find out more.